Terms and Conditions
The registered office of Surfers Hardware is 3 Gilead, Maidenwells, Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, UK SA71 5EX.
The use of this website is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. Your use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to make changes to this website and these terms and conditions at any time.
The majority of the boards sold on Surfershardware.co.uk are finished by hand. All surfboards are warranted to be made from the finest materials to the highest specifications of all the suppliers we work with.
Surfboards are not guaranteed against any breakage, creases, heat damage, broken fin boxes, dings, compressions or discoloration, however caused. Simply because the circumstances are out of our control.
All reported issues with surfboards will be considered. While taking the above into consideration, if you feel your surfboard suffers from a manufacturing or workmanship defect please email firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, please include your order number and an explanation of the issue. Please include clear digital photos of the entire top side of the board, entire bottom side of the board and of any specific area(s) of concern.
Surfers Hardware reserves the right to make final determination of the warranty status in its sole discretion. If a defect exists, a choice will be made, in its sole discretion, whether to repair the board at no charge, or exchange the board with a product that is functionally equivalent to the original product.
Putting a tail pad on the board will not affect a potential warranty. However, the cost of any accessories on the board, or bought with the board, are not covered.
Summary of Surfboard Warranty
All surfboards are warranted to made from the best materials to the highest known standards. Because of the nature of the sport of surfing no guarantees against damage or breakage of surfboards are offered or implied.
Furthermore, this does not affect your statutory consumer rights, which are fully recognised by Surfershardware.co.uk
Should you need to make warranty claim if you think your wetsuit is faulty and still covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
The first thing to consider is whether your suit is faulty or whether it’s been well used. Wetsuits don’t last forever, most of us surf 2-3 times a week when conditions allow. Realistically we’ll get two seasons out of a suit whether it be summer or winter.
The better you look after your suit the longer it’ll last. Rinse it out when you’ve used it and hang it up to dry. Don’t leave in direct sunlight. If you’ve worn your suit continually for weeks or months on end it will wear out and won’t necessarily be a warranty issue.
We’re always happy to answer any questions you might have, contact us at email@example.com
- All wetsuits bought from Surfers Hardware are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- If the wetsuit is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, we will return your wetsuit to the supplier for repair or replace the wetsuit for you.
The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the Surfers Hardware after receiving the wetsuit back. We cannot confirm a warranty until we have the wetsuit back with us for examination.
Defective product should be returned clean and dry, correctly packaged, postage paid. Enclose a copy of proof of purchase/receipt and your returns number. Wetsuits returned wet or dirty or without a copy of the purchase receipt will not be covered by the warranty.
What is covered under a manufacturer’s warranty?
The wetsuit warranty will cover failures in a wetsuit deemed to be failures in the manufacturing process or faults caused by material failure, here’s a list of what is covered
- Split seams either due to glue failure or stitching failure
- Zip failure where the zip mechanism has failed
- Internal delamination of the wetsuit lining
- Peeling knee pads
- Failure of taping internal or external if the suit has been looked after
Examples of warranty claims that won’t qualify
- Fading from sunlight
- Logos rubbing off due to friction with board or another item
- Peeling of internal tape where the glue has turned white, this is caused by uric acid i.e. the suit has been peed in and not rinsed well enough
- Wetsuits over 24 months (from date of original purchase)
- Warranty request without receipt/proof of purchase
Wetsuits that have been repaired at home or by anyone besides repair companies recognized by the wetsuit brand concerned wetsuit or where:
- Re-gluing of seams using Aqua Seal, or like product
- Patching of seams using duct tape, rubber patches, or like product
- Re-sewn seams with sewing machine or by hand using needle and thread
- The wetsuit is clearly worn and at the end of its useful life; some symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Cracked, dry neoprene.
- Wetsuits purchased from brands directly. We cannot provide warranties to products purchased from any other retailer other than Surfershardware.co.uk (Only wetsuits purchased directly from Sufershardware.co.uk qualify for the extended wetsuit warranty)
- Wetsuit damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship i.e. finger nail damage to smooth panels of the wetsuit
- Wetsuits used in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities
- Wetsuit damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight i.e. faded colours
- Improper handling or storage, or failure to follow treatment instructions i.e. deep creases in the neoprene panels where it’s been folded badly
How do you return your wetsuit to Surfers Hardware?
Please make sure that your wetsuit, if used, is washed thoroughly, dirt/sand free and completely dry. Unfortunately, our suppliers cannot repair wetsuits that are sandy, dirty or wet since they may damage their machines. Wetsuits returned dirty or wet will not be processed and will be held at Surfers Hardware pending collection by customer.
Make sure that the packaging that you use to return your wetsuit is large enough to prevent the wetsuit from too much creasing when packaged.
The address for your wetsuit return is as follows:
Unit B4 Maritime Business Park
Most importantly: to begin the process of returning your wetsuit please email firstname.lastname@example.org with pictures, a full detailed description of your wetsuit issues and original order details.
Who pays for delivery?
Surfers Hardware will refund you for the return delivery of your wetsuit and pay for the repaired or new wetsuit to be resent to the original delivery address of the order if covered under warranty.
When should I expect my wetsuit back?
If the wetsuit needs to be sent off to one of our suppliers for repair, please allow for up to 14 days for your repaired wetsuit to be returned to you.